New Internship Program
We are excited to launch our new Internship Program. We now have on-site housing for people willing to make a three-month commitment. Spend the summer doing what you love!
- Dry dog food
- Dry deer corn
- Pig feed
- All-stock animal feed
- Cruelty-Free cleaning products
- Sturdy dog toys such as Rope toys, balls, Kongs
- Feather & fur-free cat toys
- Small paper boxes
- Paper plates
- Paper towels
- Water hoses
- Fresh fruits & vegetables
- Gift cards: Home Depot, Lowes, Target, HEB, Walmart, Amazon
- Pickup truck
- Flat bed trailer
- Weed eaters
- Chain saw
As with most nonprofit organizations, SARA relies on the help of caring volunteers. Here are some of our volunteer opportunities.
There is a mountain of work to be completed each day just to meet the basic needs of our 700+ animals. We welcome your interest and assistance with the following tasks.
- Feeding: Every day we feed over 700 pounds of dry kibble to the dogs, over 1200 pounds of livestock feed to the pigs and other animals.
- Cleaning: Cattery, infirmary, hen house, farm yard. As you can imagine, cleaning up after so many animals is vital to keeping the grounds clean and providing a healthy environment for our animal residents.
- Animal Enrichment: Making “toys & treats” for animals.
- Animal Socialization: Petting dogs, cats, goats.
We need volunteers to help at fundraisers and off-site events in Austin and San Antonio. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about upcoming events where you can volunteer.
Apply to Volunteer
Please read and complete our Volunteer Application and Agreement form below.
Either print out and mail the completed form to:
ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator
PO Box 813
Seguin, TX 78156-0813
Or email a scanned copy or photo of the completed form to: email@example.com